If you’re used to relying on your MAZDA key fob, chances are you’ll feel the inconvenience when the battery dies, missing out on the remote start and keyless entry features. Knowing how to open the MAZDA key fob and replace the dead battery yourself is beneficial in such a situation. If you choose to do it yourself in Los Angeles, follow our comprehensive guide for step-by-step instructions!
There’s nothing more frustrating than pressing the unlock button on your Mazda key fob and getting no response. Once you’ve managed to open and start your Mazda with a dead key fob battery, the next challenge is replacing the battery in your Mazda key fob. It’s essential to ensure smooth and effortless functioning, so let’s dive into changing the battery in your Mazda key fob.
- Mazda Key Fob in Need
- A Replacement CR2025 Battery
- A Flathead Screwdriver or a Small Pry Tool
How to Open Your Mazda Key Fob
Regardless of the Mazda model you own, replacing the battery in a Mazda key fob begins with opening the fob casing to access the battery. Follow these steps on how to open a key fob:
- Press the auxiliary key button located at the back of your key fob. This action will release the emergency key, which you can pull from the bottom of the fob.
- Once the emergency key is removed, you notice slots on both sides of the fob casing.
- Carefully pry open the two halves of the casing using a flathead screwdriver wrapped with tape.
- Keep the fob casing in a secure place to avoid misplacement.
Following these instructions, you can change the battery in your Mazda key fob like a professional automotive locksmith.
Step-by-Step Guide on Changing the Battery
You’re already halfway there once you’ve mastered opening a Mazda key fob. Now, let’s delve into the simple steps of changing the battery in your Mazda key fob:
- Begin by removing the battery cap and setting it aside with the key fob casing.
- Take a moment to ensure a clear view of the essential fob battery. Carefully remove it, ensuring it does not damage the tiny rubber ring underneath.
- If you accidentally scratch the rubber ring beneath the battery, replacing it before opening your Mazda key fob is crucial.
- Now, place the replacement battery in a position with the positive side facing up.
- Finally, reattach the battery cover and firmly press the key fob halves together until they snap securely into place.
Following these steps, you’ll have a properly functioning Mazda key fob with a new battery.
Now that you know how to change the battery in a Mazda key fob, you’ll be ready the next time your key fob dies. Before you run out and buy a replacement battery from our parts department, remember that some models of Mazda vehicles have different kinds of keys. If this is the case, chances are you won’t be able to change the battery in your Mazda key fob.
If you’re unsure what kind of keys your vehicle uses, contact Lock Angeles for assistance. We hope this guide has helped you understand how to open and replace the battery in a Mazda key fob — Happy driving!